• Uplift of the Small farmers and Small-scale Industrialists
• Encouraging Better Farming Methods
o Rainwater Harvesting
o Water and Soil Conservation
o Vermi compost
o Organic farming
The main thrust areas of the society are:
• financing conventional agricultural activities
• propagation of modern agricultural methods
• educating farmers in new areas like water harvesting
• environmental and soil conservation
• organic farming
• Rural Housing
• Food Processing and Preservation
• Warehousing including refrigerated storage
• Educational Loans
• Working Capital and Term loans for Industry
• Personal loans for members
These activities are being undertaken through Self Help Groups/ Self employment co-operative societies either directly or in association with Non-Governmental organizations like Malanadu Development Society and Peermade Development Society, with are social service organizations promoted by the Diocese of Kanjirapally. We have plans to add the following activities with a view to achieve the stated objectives.
1. Making the Society an implementing agency for rural housing, sanitation, etc.
2. Making the Society a Nodal Agency for Watershed Management, Organic Farming, Water Harvesting Programmes of the Government of India.
3. Making the Society a Nodal Agency for schemes of the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
4. Making available the re-finance schemes of National Agricultural Bank (NABARD) for enabling farmers to get credit at a reduced interest.
The Board of Directors who frame the policies of the Society are eminent personalities who have proved themselves in various fields.
The Chairman Mar Mathew Arackal is a man of vision and expertise to achieve it. He initiated various programs for rural development, education, women’s empowerment and tribal development. These activities have won him national and international recognition. He has been a consultant to the Government of India in the areas of Rural Employment (Council for Advancement of People's Action and Rural Technology (CAPART)) and also Science and Technology. In addition, he is a member of several State Government Bodies. He is a Governing Member of Naturland International, a body of Organic Farmers based in Germany.
Dr. P. Basak, (Former Executive Director, Centre for Water Resources Development and Management), is the Vice-Chairman of the Society and brings with him a vast reservoir of knowledge, practical experience and other farmer friendly resources.
Dr Thomas K. Sebastian, the Director in charge of Agriculture had his Doctoral Studies in BITS, Pilani and specialises in Tree Crops and Tissue Culture. He has also Post-Doctoral Research and Teaching experience in various countries in Africa, America, as well as Canada, Sweden and Australia. A planter of rubber and spices in his own right, he has developed special interest in identifying new crops and agricultural methods for small farmers. The other Board of Directors are a blend of expertise in Business Management, Law, Finance and Banking, Academics, Media, Business, Information Technology and Social Welfare.